Farm Mini vBuckets for Farm Theme Play
Farm Theme Play: Every farmer needs at least one galvanized bucket to care for their farm animals:
a bucket to milk the cow in; carry chicken feed; water the mule, perhaps.
Little farmers, during dramatic play might pretend to carry oats for the horse in the stable with their own miniature galvanized bucket. ( 2 ¼ x 2 ¼ inches)
This tiny bucket will hold over 1/3 cup up to the ridged lines.
What would a 3 to 8 year think about drinking warm milk from a bucket?
Mini buckets sold individually. Some Farm Theme packages may include this bucket.
Early childhood benefits:
- dramatic play
- math/ counting/ fractions
- motor movement
- imagination fun
Tips from No Non-cents Nanna:
1) If you can get a hold on some farm fresh separated cream making your own butter is an awesome experience for children.
- Each child can pour a portion of cream from their buckets into a jar with a tight fitting lid.
- Adults may decide who shakes the jar 'till it is butter.
- Please run the buckets and jar prior to “churning butter” to sterilize it.
- Please wash hands before and after butter churning.
- Encourage children to spread butter on toast with a butter knife.
- Eat with scrambled eggs.
2) Children can gather plastic Easter eggs n the buckets at the Farm Dress Center. How many eggs will fit?
- Prior to snack time allow each child to pick a raw egg from an egg carton.
- Child might carry an egg in a bucket to your mixing bowl.
- Have the child crack open the raw egg into their bucket to beat for scrambled eggs. Y
- You cook eggs to eat with toast the children have buttered.
- Be sure to wash hands well before and after this egg lesson.
- Be ready for broken eggs on the floor and egg shells to pick out.
Check out these Farm theme related blogs posts on No Non-cents Nanna web site:
This post has a link with information that includes how to churn butter. http://nonon-centsnanna.com/farm-animal-theme-inspiration-for-kids-play-resource-list/